MORTON STADIUM, SANTRY – comes within the remit of the National Sports Campus Development Authority (NSCDA)
The Authority accepted responsibility for managing and operating the Morton Stadium in Santry through the NSCDA Operations Company which manages the National Aquatic Centre and other buildings on the National Sports Campus.
Facilities at the Morton Stadium, Santry include the following;
- An IAAF Certified MONDO 400 metre track;
- A ten lane track on the finishing 100 metres;
- Four outdoor Long Jump pits;
- An all-weather Shot-Put & Hammer Throwing area;
- Suitable equipment for all Track and Field events.
- A sprint area (60 metres x 7 lanes);
- High Jump; Long Jump and Pole Vault areas;
- A Gym with specialised equipment for Athletics training;
- Male and Female changing areas.
The tracks (both indoor and outdoor) where recently re-laid with the same MONDO track surface which will be used during the Olympics in London in 2012. This makes the facility particularly attractive to the Irish Athletes who are preparing for the London 2012 Olympics.
Clonliffe Harriers Athletic Club is a long-term tenant at the Stadium and has its Clubhouse on the grounds. The venue has hosted many National and International athletic events – most recently the European Transplant & Dialysis Games which were held there in August 2010.
There is also an infield pitch capable of hosting soccer matches and other team sports. There is seating capacity under the covered stand for 800 and a further 8,000 can have a total view of all activities from the terraces.
Staff of NSCDA will work tirelessly to ensure that the Stadium is managed and developed as the Home of Irish Athletics.